Sunday, December 23, 2007

'Tis the Season

Ah. I can feel the gloom lifting. Today, for the first time in six months, the days are actually getting longer albeit much colder. But I'd rather live at minus 40 in daylight than pass another day in the twilight of fall. Sure, by New Years Day we will only have gained a mere 12 minutes of daylight, but I'll take them. At least it is a step in the right direction.

On another subject, and not being able to think up an appropriate segue, I will simply report that a mental health society in the UK has published a list of Christmas carols for the mentally disturbed. This has caused a stir in the press and there have been accusations of extreme insensitivity on the part of the agency responsible for having it published. However, the editorial board apparently is made up of "users" of mental health services themselves. So if they find this amusing, who am I to argue?

So, without further ado, here they are:
  1. Schizophrenia - Do You Hear What I Hear?
  2. Multiple Personality Disorder - We Three Kings Disoriented Are.
  3. Dementia - I Think I'll be Home For Christmas.
  4. Narcissistic - Hark The Herald Angels Sing About Me.
  5. Manic - Deck The Halls And Walls And House And Lawn And Stores And Office And Town And Cars And Buses And Trucks And Trees And...
  6. Paranoid - Santa Clause Is Coming To Town To Get Me.
  7. Borderline Personality Disorder - Thoughts Of Roasting On An Open Fire.
  8. Personality Disorder - You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why.
  9. Attention Deficit Disorder - Silent Night, Holy Oooh Look At The Froggy, Can I Have A Chocolate, Why Is France So Far Away.
  10. Obessive Complusive Disorder - Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,.
Your homework assignment is to add, via the comments, your additions to this list. I'll offer the first:
  1. Megalomania - Joy To The World, For I Am Born.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

I don't have any idea. But I wish you a very Merry Christmas! :) Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell etc etc etc...

7:16 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Depressed: It is beginning to look a lot like suicide...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Happy Chrimbo Nanuk!

7:56 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

What, roast walrus in puffin confit again?!?!

10:25 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Merry Christmas to all. Not much time to write - I have to run off and compete in the harpoon catching competition.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home