Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Vindication

Here I thought I was a lone voice in the wilderness, a half-crazed prophet facing the icy gales decrying the early advent of daylight saving time which is around 4 weeks early this year speciously advocated by the forces of darkness as an energy saving chronometrical shift.

But now it seems my lone crusade is picking up some traction among the academic press. No less than the prestigious LiveScience.com web site has taken up the cause in an article today pointing out, unsurprisingly, that by pushing the population another month back into winter lighting that it will prolong depression from those suffering from seasonal affective disorder (with its appropriate acronym SAD).

This is an initiative of the Bush administration, which the sycophantic Conservative Party of Canada has enacted without so much as a debate in our Parliament. It seems that George W. was not content merely depressing the public with his stance on the environment, economy, health, education and international affairs: he now intends to render us totally manic.

So, kind readers, we now have only 3 days or so left until are forced, once again, to wake up in the dark, cold and shivering. I propose a total boycott of DST until 2:00 AM on Sunday, April 1 as God himself intended.

Are you with me?

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

The Valley of the smudge actually looks better in the dark.

10:50 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

I knew that there was something bothering me..... That was it!!!! Seasonal depression..... I have it at a lower degree...... MY GOD!!! I'm with you 100 and a half percent....

11:33 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

How's the tan coming??

6:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nuk,
I believe that Saskatchewan is the last, and only, sane place in Confederation. I tried to get a job there once to get out of this daylight saving madness but, alas, I did not win the competition. Maybe I will take up farming.

8:56 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Phos: It may be smudgy, but it's home. BTW, I'm going to write a post this spring about Northern tans. The punch line is "You're down a quart".

Fuff: Are you concurring with my well-argued invective against Daylight Saving Time, or Phos's besmurching of our winter landscape?

Merline-Princesse - "Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in . . ."

C'est Moi: I've started a grow-op over here: mung beans.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

You of course.

9:05 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I have to stay out of the sun, I have sun damage on my skin. Maybe we should trade latitudes...

11:33 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

It's not the sun I miss (I hate to go and get a tan...) It's the LIGHT! I love cloudy days! :))))

8:06 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

'sup there nanuk?? Pen freeze up again??

11:42 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I'm with you on this one Nanuk. GW is insane. I'm certain of it now. And quite possibly all those who (still) so blindly and unquestioningly follow him. That's just the way I feel about it.

BTW: hope your April 1st boycott doesn't mean we won't be hearing from you again until then? You will be missed!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

How are things since 'the change' Nanoook?

10:12 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Do you mean the 'Change of Life" or the change in time??

10:01 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

To all: I have refused to set the clocks forward in my house and office, and have undone all the nice little patches from Apple concerning DST - the Devil's Standard Time.

But I have shifted my schedule to be in sync with all those foolish enough to jump on the DST bandwagon.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home