Sunday, February 11, 2007

Got a Spare Nose?

The last week-and-a-half have been a blowout. I have been laid low by a nasal cold the likes of which are unparalleled in the annals of snot. I have worn out at least three noses, and have had a kleenex so often on my schnoz that my forehead and cheeks have a contact rash.

Luckily, it has not affected my appetite, nor any aches and pains. But my sinuses were wriggling the Turkish Dance of the Damned beneath my skin and eyeballs and I half expected a living entity to burst through à la Alien.

But today I can report I am feeling much improved, and after having chipped the dried nasal droppings off the keyboard with a jack hammer and from the monitor by sandblasting I can summon enough energy to type this short update.

I may even have enough energy to prowl through this prohibitionist-blasted wasteland of a town looking for some liquid I can use to banish this damn cold once and for all. Keep your fingers crossed. And as always, send booze.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fuff said...

Hooray! Glad you feel better Nanuk. Whisky do?

7:31 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Extra Sharp ginger brandy. Good for curing colds and taking paint of automobiles.

I am glad you are back. I thought maybe you were stranded on the pack ice or used up your share of electricity for the month.

8:23 PM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Booze on the way... DESPITE your detailed description of your snot and stuff... Yuck!

Feel better!

9:56 AM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Turkish Dance of the Damned... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I know that feeling well. Glad you're on the mend. Would some Screech do?

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home