Friday, May 12, 2006

Extremes Are Not Healthy

Yesterday I flew from the southernmost end of Quebec to its most northern point which is my home town, a distance of more than 1,200 air miles. My voyage also highlighted the extremes of climate too: Montreal is firmly into summer foliage while the north still struggles to break free from the grips of winter.

Unfortunately for me, the extremes of temperature (23 C (73 F) in Montreal but -9 C (16 F) at home) have taken their toll on my immune system. I awoke this morning with a cough rarely heard outside tuberculosis sanitoria and a face puffed up and ashen. Exacerbating this raunchy feeling is a sense of duty brought about by having to drag my furry arse into the office and take care of some emergencies, which always end up being others' rather than my own.

It's going to be a very long day.

7 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

AWWW! Sending you some gooood vibes! Take care and drink a lot...WATER!....Quoique un ptit boire, ça tue les microbes... Hihihi! :)

12:19 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

There you go, there is an upside to Global Warming.

Watch out for the Polagriz!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

Ew. I'm glad you're not hacking anywhere near my neck of the woods! I mean, I hope you feel better soon! lol

3:54 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Oh dear. Hope you feel better soon. Isn't there an Innuit cure for things like these?

6:19 AM  
Blogger nanuk said...

MerlinPrincesse: I think it was some microbe-killing "water" that started this whole sickness off in the first place.

TPK: Coming soon to this blogsite - my take on the polargriz hubbub.

Blair Bitch: I'm certain this latest bug has something to do with hot weather from the south invading our normally germ-free environment. Cover your mouth next time, if you please.

Fuff: Sadly, the standard Inuit procedure for even the mere-est sniffle is to go running off the see the nurse (and keep their fingers crossed they'll get a free trip to a hospital in the south).

9:42 AM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Good grief, Nanuk! Sorry to hear you've been hit by the dreaded bugs.

Keep hydrated, stock up on cough medicine, and try try try to get some break from traveling, if possible.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home