Sunday, April 16, 2006

Harper Puts Gag Order on Military

You have probably noticed by now that I have a hard-on about Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his dangerous hidden agenda. Since this preoccupation threatens to turn The Whitebear's Blog into something a little too provincial for its vast international readership, I have decided to create a second blog in the near future entirely devoted to my obsession with Harper and the death of democracy in Canada.

But I just couldn't restrain myself in the interim when I came across an article this morning reporting that our leader has declared that all speaking engagements by senior military brass will have to be approved first by the Prime Minister's Office. In addition, the texts of these speeches must be reviewed and edited by Harper's inner circle, a process expected to take 4 months.

When asked to relay this message to other senior officers in the Canadian military, Chief of Defense Staff Rick Hillier held a closed door session without notes "in an effort to avoid leaving a paper trail on the discussion", according to a source "close" to Hillier.

Come on, fellow Canadians, it's time to take the gloves off (mandatory hockey figure of speech) - we have a real peril right on our doorsteps.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a political person. I try to stay away from all things political as best I can. However, I enjoy reading your political posts because 1)you always add humor into it even when you're not trying and 2)it's not our government you're talking about, lol.

7:46 AM  
Blogger nanuk said...

I understand a number of top generals in the US are now calling for Rumsfeld's pink slip. It's not surprising that Harper, who takes all his cues from south of the border, wants to stiffle his own generals.

9:20 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Rumsfeld is a Bush-buddy, so he'll be on 'til the bitter end.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am shocked and sickened that this is happening in Canada. What in the name of Flying Spaghetti Monster is going on over there?? I turn my back for three minutes and the whole country goes to pot!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Or not to pot. That's probably punishable by death now...

7:57 AM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Goodness gracious. Next thing you know, books will be banned, then tossed on bonfires, anyone with an independent thought in their head will be yanked out their beds and tossed in the clink. Oh, wait, I think this is already happening in my neck of the woods...

More cases of Laphroaig for you and therapy for me.

8:59 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Can I cry....?

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home