Saturday, April 01, 2006

2-year Drought of April Fools Day Mayhem


This year and next, April Fools Day occurs on the weekend. So where's the fun in that?

Gone are the opportunities to play vicious pranks on colleagues at work and fellow students. With most offices closed, we can't hack someone's computer, circulate fake memos or saran wrap the toilets. We are left with only our families to fool (practical jokes in my family usually lead to spilled blood), or posting the rather predictable (and lame, this year) hoaxes on blog sites.

So I say, let's just cancel the fucker for 2006 and 2007 and bide our time over the next 731 days plotting the most diabolical, subversive, pan-global April Fools stunt ever.

To enlist in this cabal, you must demonstrate your deviousness and sense of evil by describing your best madcap April Fools exploit ever. Those selected will receive further instructions in a plain brown envelope.

In the meantime, here is a great site to help inspire your prankstertorial plotting.

13 Comments:

Blogger nanuk said...

I'll lead off.

There was an uber-Pentecostal woman working in our office. Taking advantage of her lack of computer knowledge, I programmed the autocorrect feature of Microsoft Word to spew out "Repent now - the Rapture is tomorrow, April 2" whenever she typed the word "that". Although I had to wait most of the morning to get the desired effect,she came running out of her office near lunchtime all wild-eyed and went home. I quickly removed my hack. She didn't return to work until April 4th.

8:32 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Shoe polish on the handset of the office phones and the inside band of one dude's hat.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

ROTLMAO, Nanuk!

Sorry to disappoint but I've not stories to share. I've been a very staid and boring person.

4:29 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

TPK: shoe polish on the eyepieces of binoculars is a variation of the same theme, with the added benefit that the victim doesn't know they've been punked.

T&Betc: here's one suited for book editors. Look for relative pronouns and switch all "that"s for "which"s and all "which"s for "that"s. Guaranteed to blow the mind of any writer.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

LOL.

My dear Nanuk, you are assuming that writers understand there actually is a difference between "that" and "which."

In my case, the only things that could happen would be 1 of 2 scenarios: no one would notice or "Stet" would be scrawled across each change.

5:51 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Ha! Edit this!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Dear PK, I do believe there are one too many exclamation points in your post...

(Hey, you said to edit it! lol.)

9:59 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

So, before we start hurling elipses and exclamation points at each other, I direct your attention to a list of Internet hoaxes.

6:25 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

All right a punctuation flame war!!! Note the increased amount of angst as indicated by yet another exclamation point).

The hoax site was good. I have seen most of those. There's one they missed with a bunch of billboards that have been vandalized with photoshop so they appear to have funny ads.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Cruel, but very funny. He he.

6:40 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

I've got married yesterday on the web...And my sis too... To 2 Texas guys... This was a real good one... :)

10:13 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

I wish you and your sister well! Did each of you marry two Texans?

10:40 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

One is enough! Mwhahahahaha! I think this was the best April's Fool I made... Go and see our faked blog! Made by myself and my sis...Bret and Brad. On a eu ben du fun!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home