Saturday, March 18, 2006

Woe is Me!



Yesterday, I gave up my seat (plane overbooked) since there was a second flight coming a few hours later.

No later had the first plane lifted off the ground than the agents approached me with the grim news - the second flight had been cancelled. So another night in Quaqtaq.

It's not that I have anything against Quaqtaq, but I druther be home, or marooned in Kuujjuaq where there are bars and restaurants. So here I sit in my lonely hotel room, having celebrated St. Patrick's Day with a Diet 7-Up, inconsolable, parched and generally feeling sorry for myself.

Now the weather's going down, and I could be stuck here for days.

No more Mr. Nice Bear! That was last time I'm being a gentleman and giving up my fucking seat on the plane.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I would have thought it would have been every man for himself trying to get out of that place. I was raised in the Great Frozen NAtion and am never, ever going back. Cold sucks.

10:04 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

But plenty of Huskys, though.

Here, men are men, and dogs are nervous.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home