Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Same Shit, Different Pile

I apologize for the endless posting concerning my travel woes, but after five days of maroonment, getting home transcends mere obsession and has descended into mania.

A plane finally picked us up from Quaqtaq yesterday, but my home town was completely obscured by ice fog so we diverted to Kuujjuaq. And to this very hour my village remains shrouded in an inpenetrable white cloak of icy oblivion.

Not that I'm complaining about being stuck in a hotel with a restaurant and a [drum roll] BAR, but I'd rather be home. Fate did manage to play another cheap joke on me: even this hotel had no running water until just about an hour ago. And they're giving me the old heave-ho in 90 minutes because they want to give my room to some asshole just because he/she has a reservation.

So I'll camp out at the airport, and see what develops.

Feel free to make comparisons to Odysseus in the Comments.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Sounds like it is time to sow your field with salt and find a warmer clime. You aren't an ice cube salesman are you?

10:51 PM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I hope you return home in a slightly more timely fashion that Odysseus.

Fed Ex-ing a wooden horse in the morning... It won't get you home but at least it'd give you a place to stay.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Have a few more drinks on me... hope you get home soon!

I've spent more time camping in airports than I'd like to remember, drooling in public = not so much fun!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Rees said...

Have you been fucking a goddess during your exile? Because then you'd really have the Odysseus experience, baby!

I was deeply depressed, by the way, that you felt you had to link to Wikipedia in case readers didn't know who Odysseus was. *sigh*

Get home safe.

10:25 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

To all: sorry for the delay in responding, but yesterday was so fucked up that I dared not post for fear of saying some things so absolutely blasphemous that my soul would be irreparably doomed.

TPK: weather's bad up here, but lots of huskies for ya.

WoD: thanks for the sentiment, but a wooden caribou would probably be more practical.

Anna: LOL

Ms. Rees - quiet now, my wife is getting suspicious.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home