Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Crypto Blogs

From time to time I click the "Next Blog" button on the Blogger Nav Bar, and usually I am directed to something like teenage diaries from Singapore or Malaysia, or right-of-KKK "patriot" shit, or angst-ridden feminist ruminations.

But more than once I've ended up at a site like this, or this, with linkage to equally incomprehensible blogs. This has me wondering if I'm on to something sinister and covert, or whether someone is just yanking my chain.

I've tried to analyze these sites and have come to the conclusion that they:
  1. are not stream-of-consciousness writing - Joyce's Ulysses is stream-of-consciousness, and George Walker Bush has shown himself to be a master of "let 'er rip" oratory, but even the most meth-fried brain could not come up with this shit.
  2. are not "cut-up" sentences, a la William Boroughs. Not even "cut-up" paragraphs. Simply too many capitals and not enough verbs.
  3. may be some secret code of the latest al-Qaeda plotters. (Note to self: refrain from referencing al-Qaeda too frequently lest I get a knock on the door one of these days)
  4. could be a contest with a substantial prize to whomever cracks the code
I've been sitting here all night with my WTF face on, and frankly I'm afraid it's got the better of me. Any other ideas?

4 Comments:

Blogger nanuk said...

Can do, but doesn't the mere existence of these cryptoblogs bug you?

BTW - did I just coin a name for these, or is there another term??

12:00 PM  
Blogger rathwel said...

It bothers me. I removed the next blog button from my kids pages so they don't even have that option. I have three reasons for this:
1: I hAtE BlOgS whErE ThE PeoPlE tYpE lIkE tHiS
2: My kids are destructive enough without the influence of al-Qaeda plotters.
3:If anything I'm gonna crack the code. I won't even give my kids the opportunity to beat me to it.

In all honesty, however, I believe all those cryptoblogs are coded messages to help coordinate the mutant-spider invasion that Timmy (Blogs Get Slaughtered) keeps talking about.

4:55 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Good luck with the cryptology, but I think the code is so difficult we've got to set up something like SETI so a whole cluster of computers can work at it.

5:15 PM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

WTF indeed.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home